Kaiāwhina - Work Exchange
Do you want an opportunity to be the heart of Dance Camp?
Participating as a Kaiāwhina for the week gives you an opportunity to be a valuable part of the team, and the heart of Dance Camp. There is a wonderful reciprocity of giving and receiving.
Kaiāwhina means "assistant", and as such you are an important part of the team for Dance Camp Aotearoa. This year we offer around 6 positions. Each Kaiāwhina work up to 4 hours a day during Camp, in return for getting half off their camp fee. This allows a balance between work and joining in with Dance Camp activities. Some of our Kaiāwhina return year after year. Kaiāwhinawho are attracted to be part of Camp are often a hard working group from Aotearoa and different countries and cultures. They usually create a close knit community, working together and sharing the Camp experience.
The Kaiāwhina team has a daily meeting with the Co-ordinator each morning for sharing, support and dealing with any challenges which may have emerged.
Our expectations of Kaiāwhina:
- Arrive at Dance Camp by 3pm on Thursday, the day before Camp starts, unless you are helping to put up the marquee in which case you need to come Thursday morning (10am). Some volunteers will be asked to help prepare a simple meal for the Thursday evening meal. We will gather as team, creating heart community together on Thursday evening.
- Friday is Camp set-up day. This is a big day when we all help get Camp ready by 5pm. Breakfast is at 8am followed a meeting at 9am for everyone present, to allocate jobs for set-up day and the Kaiāwhina tasks.
- For the rest of Camp, Kaiāwhina have specific duties to perform each day.
- On the final day of Camp, Kaiāwhina need to be available to help until the end of Camp clean-up, usually around 5pm.
- Kaiāwhina are generally required to camp and to supply your own tent and bedding (if you need assistance with any equipment let Veronique know).
How to Apply
If you would like to be a Kaiāwhina at Dance Camp contact Veronique by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Be quick as there are limited positions!
Further Kaiāwhina Links and information
Roles and Application Information: http://dancecampaotearoa.co.nz/node/25/edit?destination=admin/content
Set up and Take Down Crews: http://dancecampaotearoa.co.nz/admin/content