Information about Terms & Conditions:
Dance Camp Aotearoa is a family-friendly, alcohol and drug free, non-Profit Camp offered under the umbrella of Peaceful Steps Trust, a registered charity. Its purposes include spiritual development through, although not exclusive to, the Dances of Universal Peace, education about the environment, music, arts, culture, health, and the community. You are warmly invited to participate, and by doing so are taken to agree to the terms and conditions outlined here.
Dance Camp Aotearoa takes place on private land, and the site is not open to the public. Therefore, it is a private event and under common law jurisdiction.
General Terms & Conditions:
- By registering to attend Dance Camp Aotearoa you, as a sovereign being, understand and agree to the terms and conditions as outlined here.
- Everyone under 16yrs old must be accompanied by an adult guardian attending Camp.
- Dance Camp Aotearoa Core Group reserve the right to refuse admission to anyone for any reason whatsoever.
- You agree to take full responsibility for yourself and all your belongings.
- Alcohol and/or drugs are not permitted to be brought onto the Camp site.
- Dogs and other animals are not permitted, except for support dogs.
- Anyone behaving in a manner deemed destructive, disorderly, abusive or unsafe may be immediately removed from the Camp site at the direction of the Core Group, and may not be allowed to return. They may be served with a trespass notice, will not have their camp fee refunded, may be liable to pay any costs incurred, and further action may be taken as required.
- Dance Camp Aotearoa reserves the right to record, in visual or audio format, any and all persons who attend Dance Camp for Dance Camp publicity, unless an individual has informed the Core Group of their wish to not be filmed or photographed.
- You must follow the instructions of all Key Role Holders, including directions for camping and parking in allocated areas only.
- Fires, including camp fires, are strictly forbidden in the camp site and elsewhere on the site, other than the fire pit.
- Dance Camp Aotearoa is not responsible for any injury sustained by participants, or damage to their possessions, or for any theft or loss of property.
- Entrance to and participation in Dance Camp Aotearoa is entirely at your own risk.
- As a participant at Dance Camp Aotearoa, you accept complete responsibility for your belongings and the safety and welfare of yourself and anyone in your custody and care.
- Dance Camp Aotearoa Core Group reserve the right to change camp policies at any time, without notice.
- Lack of awareness of these terms & conditions is not a reason to not be bound by them.
If you are unhappy about any aspect of camp, or concerned by the actions of another, we ask that you speak with a member of the Core Group as soon as possible. The matter will be discussed by the Core Group who may take the following actions:
· offer individual support to the complainant (and respondant) without further action.
· refer the concern/issue to a Reconciliation Team member for mediation, or restorative process.
· refer it to the Deliberation Causus
· refer it to the New Zealand Police or Oranga Tamariki.
If you are uncomfortable or otherwise unwilling to speak with a Core Group Member, Jamila Crnaston-Buckley is also available for receiving concerns, and heads up the Pastoral and Complaints Teams.
A full Complaints Procedure Document is available for review by request from the Core Group.