When you arrive the Welcome Team will greet you at the gate. Your registration information will be confirmed, you get to chose a Karma Yoga role, be invited into a mystical process to select a "Home Group" and then directed to where you will sleep (camping area or shared bunk room).
Arrival time: Any time after 3 pm on Friday, Janaury 8th (Please note: only the Set-Up crew are able to be on site prior to this).
Arriving after 3pm gives you time to register and settle in before dinner at 6pm. The Evening Programme and Welcome Ceremony begin at 7.30pm.
Karma Yoga is "the work that does itself - through you" when you are having fun! It is a work offering of service, for the benefit of the community. In this way everyone (except children) gets to actively contribute to the running of the camp. Karma Yoga jobs usually take a small amount of your time each day and includes one of the following: morning veggie chopping, helping with dish washing, clearing tables, toilet and shower cleaning, serving in the cafe, or other little jobs that keep our camp running smoothly for everyone. This is a great opportunity to connect with people as you work together!
Suggested Things to Bring:
- Plenty of bedding, as the nights can be surprisingly cool
- Folding chair or camping/yoga mat for sitting on in the marquee and Heart Group
- Swimming gear (there is a swimmable stream on site)
- Sunscreen, hat, and insect repellent
- Raincoat (just in case!)
- Warm clothing, as evenings can be cool, even in January
- Musical instruments
- IF YOU'RE CAMPING, you need to bring your own tent and all bedding including air mattress (it is cold at night!).
- IF YOU'RE IN A SHARED BUNKROOM, you need to bring your own pillow, pillow slip, single fitted sheet, sleeping bag or sheets, and plenty of duvets or blankets (hot water bottle?).
- IF COMING FROM OVERSEAS, please let us know if you'd like to borrow a tent, a pillow or other bedding ~ we’ll do our best to meet your needs.
Things to leave at home: Pets, alcohol and tobacco, electronic / internet devices, and other things that beep and flash!
Other Information Links
Venue Details: http://www.dancecampaotearoa.co.nz/content/venue-facilities