When you arrive the Welcome Team will greet you at the gate. Your registration information will be confirmed, you get to chose a Karma Yoga role, be invited into a mystical process to select a "Home Group" and then directed to where you will sleep (camping area or shared bunk room).
Arrival time: Any time after 3 pm on Friday, Janaury 10th (Please note: only the Set-Up crew are able to be on site prior to this).
Arriving after 3pm gives you time to register and settle in before dinner at 6pm. The Evening Programme and Welcome Ceremony begin at 7.30pm.
All cars should be moved to the designated car park area prior to the Welcome Ceremony at 7.30pm.
Karma Yoga is "the work that does itself - through you" when you are having fun! It is a work offering of service, for the benefit of the community. In this way everyone (except children) gets to actively contribute to the everyday running of the camp. Karma Yoga jobs usually take a small amount of your time each day and includes one of the following: morning veggie chopping, helping with dish washing, clearing tables, toilet and shower cleaning, serving in the cafe, or other little jobs that keep our camp running smoothly for everyone. This is a great opportunity to connect with people as you work together!
If you have a Weekend Pass - please come from opening on Friday (6pm dinner) until the conclusion of Sunday evening (after 9.30pm).
Staying within these camp options supports containment of the sacred space and allows participants to open up more, to be seen for who they are and embrace deeper experiences of connectedness. It also facilitates ease and flow for Karma Yoga, Heart Groups and interpersonal relationships.
Suggested Things to Bring:
- Plenty of bedding, as the nights can sometimes be surprisingly cool
- Folding chair or camping/yoga mat for sitting on in the marquee and Heart Group
- Swimming gear - Acacia Bay is an idealic swimming spot, and there are hot pool options nearby
- Sunscreen, hat, and insect repellent
- Raincoat (just in case!)
- Warm clothing, as evenings can be cool, even in January
- Musical instruments
- IF YOU'RE CAMPING, you need to bring your own tent and all bedding including mattress (it get's cold at night!).
- IF YOU'RE IN A SHARED BUNKROOM, you need to bring your own pillow, pillow slip, sleeping bag or sheets, and duvet or blankets.
- IF COMING FROM OVERSEAS, please let us know if you'd like to borrow a tent, a pillow or other bedding ~ we’ll do our best to meet your needs.